Charged With DWI?
You Need an Experienced DWI Lawyer
Although in Missouri, DUI (Driving Under the Influence) and DWI (Driving While Intoxicated) mean the same thing, DWI is the preferred term. DWI penalties in the state are severe; even a first offense can result in up to six months in prison, a $1,000 fine and a suspended license. Because Missouri has a Zero Tolerance Law, if you are under 21, your license will be suspended – even if the amount of alcohol in your system at the time of your arrest was negligible.
Being charged with drunk or drugged driving and finding yourself going up against the criminal justice system can leave you feel overwhelmed. You need an experienced DWI lawyer – one who knows the ins and outs of defending people against these types of allegations. Michael Taylor is one of the Kansas City area’s top DWI lawyers. He represents people facing:
- A felony charge, first-offense or repeat DUI/DWI
- A license revocation for refusal to provide breath, blood or urine samples to an arresting officer
- Administrative suspension or revocation for blood alcohol samples over .08 percent
- DUI/DWI charges involving minors & persons under 21, including students
- Minor in possession of alcohol (MIP) charges involving persons under 21
- Abuse & lose cases
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Vehicular homicide or manslaughter when an alcohol-related accident results in a fatal injury
- High blood alcohol concentration (BAC)
- Alcohol & drug DUI checkpoint arrests
- Probation violations
Contact The Law Office of Michael R. Taylor, LLC
Although the legal system is intended to render fair and impartial justice, mistakes can be made – by police officers, prosecutors and technicians who interpret laboratory test results. Michael Taylor will do a deep drive into the details of your case in order to strategize a strong defense. For a free phone consultation with a DWI lawyer who is dedicated to fighting for your rights, call The Law Office of Michael R. Taylor, LLC at (816) 287-2456 or fill out the online form to schedule free consultation.